What is White Mold?
Molds are the filamentous fungal microbes grow on the moisture-prone areas. It can be carpeted, walls of leaky ceilings, window frames and walls of bathroom etc. These molds cause various respiratory problems, hence must be totally confiscated whenever found.
There are different of types of mold that are white in color including Cladosporium , Penicillium with little blue-green appearance and most with a mild yellow-green emergence. The molds cause the home as well as health damages; therefore it must be treated without more ado.
What is Efflorescence?
The mold growth often resembles with the efflorescence effect. The efflorescence is a phenomenon which occurs on the cement walls under the similar environmental condition supporting mold growth. Water migrating within the cement structures carries salt substance which eventually gets deposited over the cement surface causing moisture absorption. And when the moisture gets evaporated, the crystalline structure is left over giving an appearance of efflorescence.
On the other hand, the white color molds, in addition, emerge similar to efflorescence. However, the efflorescence does not spread or grows, unlike molds. Hence, the uncertainty to presume whether it is mold growth or efflorescence is explicable.
Molds Vs Efflorescence
White molds cane be easily cleaned up manually but can cause severe health issues. On the other hand, efflorescence does not get easily cleaned up, but it does not have any negative impact on health too.
How to determine Efflorescence and mold growth?
Initially, one must scrutinize the material type of the white substance. If the white substance is not on the concrete or masonry then it is definitely a mold. If you spray the water over the substance and wipe it and it does not get removed, then it is not mold.
It is relatively difficult for the common people like us to differentiate between the mold and efflorescence. Hence, it is always advisable to call upon the experts that will visit homes or offices and test the substance aptly. One can visit different websites entailing list of certified professional nearby your local areas.
Method of White Mold Exclusion
Once the test confirms the white substance as the White mold, then it must promptly clear up. The procedure of mold elimination involves complicated six steps.
- First of all make out the areas wherever molds are grown which quite difficult to locate as it can also be grown inside the walls that are leaky and wet. Then call upon the mold inspector for its analysis.
- The area where the removal process will be carried must be packed and all the air system, ventilation ducts must be wrapped with heavy plastics.
- Put on the necessary gloves, mask, shoe covers for protecting the body from its direct contact while cleaning.
- For the molds grown on a porous surfaces such as drywall, insulation or carpets, you will have to replace the complete fresh material.
- For the molds present on the non-porous surface, use the rag or scrub brush by using the antimicrobial cleanser.
And if you find difficult the cleaning of mold affected porous materials, it is recommended to call the mold remediation professionals to perform the task significantly.