Call now for a free estimate on mold remediation Call (855) 956-1236

Hives: Mold Exposure Symptoms

What many people don’t know is mold is a common problem that affects many households. However, this problem often goes unnoticed since many people are unaware or have no idea how to tell if there’s mold in the house. There is an increase in the number of people who get affected because of mold because the immune system considers mold as a dangerous substance and responds to it with a series of negative which include hives.

Aside from hives, there are other symptoms that are associated with mold allergy include; having a runny nose, breathing problems, coughing, sneezing, sore throat amongst other respiratory symptoms. Fatigue, asthma and having watery and itchy eyes are other common symptoms.

A lot of people suffer from hives but what some don’t know is molds can at times be caused by a mold reaction. Hives is characterized by the skin having pale and red swellings which are visible in certain sections of the skin. Hives are usually prevalent for some hours before disappearing and forming elsewhere. They also come in different sizes and can form together resulting into bigger swellings. The most common symptoms associated with hives include; an itchy, burning or stinging feeling.

Hives are also known as urticaria and they vary in diameter depending on where they appear on the skin. They are usually formed when blood plasma leaks out of tiny blood vessels. This process is triggered when histamine, a chemical is released forming mast cells that manifest themselves on the skin surface as tiny swellings. Aside from allergic reactions associated with medication and foods, mold is a major contributor of hives. At times, it can be quite difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the formation of hives.

Should you discover that hives are being triggered as a result of mold allergy, it is important to quickly find ways of dealing with this problem. The rainy season can especially be tricky to handle because it’s quite challenging to control mold growth. Severe cases of hives should be reported to a medic for immediate medical attention.

Patients with indoor mold have higher chance of getting hives especially when there’s a lot of harmful mold commonly known as black mold growing inside the house. It’s important to mention that in some rare cases, individuals who get hives as a result of mold allergy have a large concentration of mold in their houses.

As earlier mentioned, if you suspect you have hives, visit the doctor and explain your symptoms in detail. This way, your practitioner can carry out tests and provide further medical advice. If you’re keen, you can notice unusual symptoms of mold in your home such as a musty smell which is an indication of the presence of mold growth.

How You Deal with Hive from Mold Growth?

The most common symptom of hives is itching. This can result into an uncomfortable feeling that can make your life miserable if you don’t find a quick way of dealing with the problem. However, this itching can be relieved by taking anti-histamine medications such as Benadryl which can be found over the counter. Alternatively, try taking cold baths mixed with baking soda or compressing the affected area with a damp cloth. Just in case, medicines from over-the-counter fail to control the hives, it’s time to see a doctor.

How Can You Treat Mold From Hives?

If mold is the reason for your allergic reaction that is causing hives, you must look for ways of how to remove mold from your home. Be sure that continued mold exposure will cause the symptoms related to hives to become more severe. Mold grows at a very fast rate and therefore, you must learn how to stop it from spreading. The advantage of working on reducing or completely eliminating mold from your house is you’ll not only manage to prevent mold from spreading but alleviate hive symptoms.

The best solution of getting rid of hives is to find a way of making your home mold free. In some cases, there are homeowners who prefer to personally take care of the mold removal process. However, it is unsafe to attempt to remove mold by yourself especially if the hives you are suffering from is as a result of mold.

Remember that if you’re allergic to mold, you will not be able to tolerate mold exposure during the removal process. This is because during the process, the surrounding environment is contaminated with mold spores exposing you to the risk of inhaling them. Also, if you’re not careful, mold spores can spread easily and fast to other areas of the house worsening an already existing problem.

Seek Advice from a Mold Removal Expert

If you feel you’re not best placed to carry out mold removal, consider asking for professional input. Hiring an experienced mold removal specialist is the best thing to do. For starters, they’ll be able to pay you a visit at home, inspect the entire premises for mold and issue out a detailed report including estimates of mold removal. They’re also in a good position to respond to any questions and give you free expert advice.

With this kind of information, you are aware of the extent of mold growth in your house and what can be done to deal with this problem. Using a professional also guarantees you complete safety since the removal process will be done under expert supervision.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *